Tuesday, July 28, 2009

15 Books

This is a note I posted on Facebook this morning, and since this is what I'm thinking about right now, I'll just repeat it here. It's a list of 15 books.....hard to stop at 15, but I forced myself!! And they are in no particular order (other than the first, most important) except as they popped into my head.

Here are the rules: Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you've read that will always stick with you. They don't have to be the greatest books you've ever read, just the ones that stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.

In random order, except for #1.
1. The Bible
2. Little Women
3. Pride and Prejudice
4. Emma
5. Left Behind
6. Gone With the Wind
7. Mitford Series
8. How to Study Your Bible
9. The Ezekiel Option
10.The Little Old Man Who Could Not Read
11.More Than a Pink Cadillac
12.Reaching Out Without Dumbing Down
13.Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire
14.Purpose Driven Life
15.Five Love Languages

If I were to add #16, it would be "Alexander and the No Good, Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad Day", which along #10, takes me back to the days of reading to my boys when they were little. We read LOTS of books, but these are two that stick in my mind, maybe because they reflect my value system......that reading is important!! If you can't read, you can't do anything!! Go to the library and check out the book and you'll see what I mean. And, as in Alexander's story, EVERYBODY has a bad day sometime!! Even in Australia!! Again, read the book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment