Wednesday, January 11, 2023

What Do Your Knees Look Like?

I haven't given a lot of thought lately to what my knees look like. Actually, I'm more in tune with how my knees feel (sometimes not too good) and how they sound (sometimes not too good) than how they look. And if you have had or you need knee replacement, your knees may not look so great

But I’m not talking about our physical knees.

The Apostle James has often been referred to as "Old Camel Knees" because of his devotion to prayer.

Have you ever really looked at a camel's knees?  I snapped this photo on the Mount of Olives on a trip to Israel. 


This camel doesn't have very attractive knees, does he?  This particular camel spends his days giving rides to tourists there on the Mount of Olives.  He spends a lot of his time kneeling down to let the tourists get into the saddle.  

He spends a lot of time on his knees.
 
Apparently the Apostle James spent a lot of time on his knees to have earned the nickname "Old Camel Knees".  What a wonderful example for us to follow!
 
Let’s think about prayer today. About our devotion to prayer. About the value of prayer.

“I don’t think we can even begin to fathom the effect of our prayers on the lives of others, not of the effect of their prayers on us.” - Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth in “The Quiet Place, a Devotional Journey”

What are you praying about today? How much time and energy are you devoting to praying about those things? What do your knees look like? Are you deliberately carving out time in your day to pray?

I'm praying for my family. For my husband and my sons and my grandsons and my daughters-in-love.  They are always in my prayers.  And I pray for my extended family as well.
 
I'm praying for friends who are dealing with various health issues. For my Church family. For my Bible Study group.
 
I'm praying for guidance and directions for some writing projects that are in their early stages.  
 
I'm praying for my country.  
 
I have quite a long list.
 
What about you?  Who and what are you praying about?  
 
How can I pray with you and for you?


"God answers our prayers not because we are good, but because He is good." (A.W. Tozer)

"Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, And He shall hear my voice." (Psalm 55:17 NKJV)







No comments:

Post a Comment