Wednesday, November 30, 2022

It’s Beginning to Sound a Lot Like Christmas!


Have you noticed? The sounds of Christmas are everywhere!

In churches, certainly, singing the songs and carols of the season.

But also in malls and grocery stores, Christmas music is playing. And not just the "Jingle Bells" kind of Christmas music, but also "Silent Night" and "Joy to the World". The music of our Savior's birth is also being played. Isn't it wonderful that we get to hear our Savior's name proclaimed in places like the mall and the grocery store!

As we head into December, the sounds of Christmas are everywhere!

In the laughter of children.

In the sounds (and smells) that emanate from kitchens at this time of year.

Maybe you have Christmas music playing in your home throughout the season. I know I do.

As I was looking back over my Facebook memories over the last few days, I realized that, over the last several days, I have spent a lot of the holiday season having medical or dental procedures. As an example, on December 15, 2011, I had a cataract removed from my right eye. What does that have to do with the sounds of Christmas?  The surgeon was listening to Handel's Messiah during the procedure!

A few years ago on this date, I had a root canal, and I noted in my Facebook post that there were Christmas carols playing in the dentist's office.  

Music is a big part of the Christmas season.  And it’s everywhere! 

This is one of my Southern Gospel Christmas favorites:

https://youtu.be/sKzi4A1ldxE

What sounds of Christmas are you experiencing today?

"And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!'"  (Luke 2:13-14 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment