Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Dreaming of Pumpkin Spice

It’s really hot here in the Upstate today. Brutally hot and humid. That has me longing for the cooler temperatures of Fall and for all things pumpkin.

One of my grandsons started high school today. The other grandson begins 10th grade next week. My DIL’s are back in their classroom. It seems too soon. That summer has been to short. That time passes to quickly. Even so, I’m dreaming of fall and all things pumpkin.

The grocery stores and produce stands are still filled with peaches and watermelons and corn and cantaloupe. It is still very much summer. Yet I’m dreaming of all things pumpkin.

Yesterday, when we went to the grocery store, I saw this:


Just what I needed! I enjoyed some of this deliciousness for breakfast this morning. I may have to wait a while for the cooler temperatures of fall, but this reminds me that it is coming. And I am content.

“In everything give thanks….” (1 Thessalonians 5:18 NASB)


No comments:

Post a Comment