Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday Morning

As I have been sitting here in my chair this morning, sipping my coffee and trying to get my brain (and body!) in gear, I have chuckled a bit as I have watched Molly's behavior.  She sat with me in the chair for a few minutes, then jumped down and ran over to her comforter in front of the fireplace.  (It's an old comforter that used to be on our bed, but now is hers to lie on in front of the fire.  No fire this morning, but she didn't seem to mind.)  After less than a minute of digging around in the comforter to find the perfect spot, she jumped up and ran across the room and planted herself in Al's recliner.  That lasted about a minute, then back to the comforter.  A couple of minutes there, then off to the bedroom and back to her bed.  That didn't last long.  Now she's back in the chair with me!

I laughed at her, but her behavior also made me think.  It seemed a perfect mirror of my own behavior sometimes!  I often wonder if there is such a thing as adult-onset ADD.  Or is dementia beginning to set in????  A frightening thought.......but so many times I start one thing only to stop before the task is done so I can start something else, and I end the day with many begun-and-half-done tasks.  I'm sure I'm probably not the only one......and I prefer to think that this is somewhat normal!!

What really bothers me is how true this is in the spiritual realm.  How easily I am distracted from my Bible reading or my prayer time or from the tasks at hand.  I wonder if I'm the only one??!!  Spiritual ADD......that's what's on my mind this morning.

"So teach us to number our days that we may present to You a heart of wisdom."  (Psalm 90:12 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment