Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I'm So Excited!

I have been looking forward to this day for quite some time.  Later today I'll be getting together with my friend Jean.

Jean and I first met back in the mid-90s.  At the time, I lived in Connecticut and she lived in South Florida.  We met in Sarasota at a Mary Kay event.  (On a side note, one of my very favorite things about my Mary Kay business has been the friendships I've made.  But that's a thought for another day.)  We "connected" on that day and have been friends ever since.  Eventually we both ended up in Brandon, Florida, and our friendship blossomed.

Such wonderful memories I have of those days! Lots of laughter.  Lots of coffee.  Lots of shopping.  Lots of sharing......good times and some not-so-good (job loss, broken bones, multiple surgeries, to name just a few).  Our friendship is one of the treasures of my life.

Now I'm in the mountains of NC, and a few years ago, Jean and her husband moved to Chattanooga. Since then, we have made a point of getting together a couple of times of year in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, which is about halfway between us.

And today is the day!  We'll get together later today and spend about 24 hours together.  Lots of laughter.  Lots of coffee.  Some retail therapy!  Good times!

It's such a blessing to have a good friend.  One who loves coffee almost as much as I do.  One who loves to laugh.  One who loves to shop.  One who enjoys good food. One who understands me.  And one who loves Jesus.  Of all the things we have in common, all the things that bind us together, our love for Jesus is at the top of the list.

So, I'm looking forward to the coffee and the shopping and some good food.  I'm looking forward to some good conversation.  I'm especially looking forward to sharing it all with a dear sister in Christ.  And I'm so very thankful for the gift of friendship.

"A friend loves at all times."  (Proverbs 17:17  NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment