Monday, June 28, 2021

Hope Between the Pages. A Book Review.

“Any story that begins with a library is bound to be an excellent read.”  With that opening sentence, I was hooked! 

Hope Between the Pages by Pepper Basham is one of my new favorite books. I loved it from beginning to end. Except that I really didn’t want it to end.

This is a dual timeline story of young Sadie Blackwell in 1915 and her granddaughter Clara Blackwell in the present day. Much of the story takes place in Asheville, North Carolina in and around the Biltmore Estate. Basham’s descriptions of the area are vivid and authentic. Since I live very near this area, I have often visited the Estate as well as nearby Biltmore Village, so I felt right at home as I immersed myself in the story.

Often dual time lines leave me preferring one story over the other. Not so with this tale. Both storylines are woven together almost seamlessly to give us a delightful story. Both Sadie and Clara are wonderfully presented.

Hope Between the Pages is part history, part mystery, and part romance, with Christian elements woven throughout. It is a happy-ever-after fairy tale. One I will remember. I highly recommend it.

I received a copy of this book from Net Galley in exchange for my opinion.




No comments:

Post a Comment