Thursday, August 8, 2019

Because Sometimes I Need To Be Reminded...

Yesterday was not one of my better days. I hadn't slept well the night before, which probably contributed to the fact that is was a little "off" all day. Last night was even worse.


We have a new neighbor whose teenaged grandchildren, and their friends, spend a lot of time at her house. They spend a lot of time on the patio talking and listening to music. Loudly. This has disrupted my peaceful, quiet life. Last night an ambulance was called to a neighbor's house further down the street, but the road was blocked because the neighbor's grandchildren had parked in the street, right across from another neighbor who had also parked in the street. Since the ambulance couldn't get through, there was a lot of horn blowing. Eventually the cars were moved and ambulance moved on. But apparently, since the kids were awake, they headed out to the patio.....and they are back there again this morning, making it hard for me to concentrate as I type this post.


I feel a little silly even bringing this up when there are so many much bigger problems in the world. Violence and hatred are everywhere these days. And my heart is grieved over what I see happening in my country.


As I was thinking about all this today, coincidentally (and you know I don't believe in coincidence), a song from Phillips, Craig, and Dean came to mind. 


You are God alone, in the good times and bad, You are on your throne, and You are God alone.....


I went to YouTube and listened to that song. And I worshiped.


Life is not about me. It's not about you. It's not about always having everything perfectly in order as I would like them to be. Sometimes I need to be reminded of that.


God is God. And I am not. He is on His throne. He is God in the good times and the bad, and in all the in between times. He is unshakeable. And unchangeable. And unstoppable.


I get frustrated by little things like loud neighbors. I am even more frustrated and grieved and heartbroken by what is going on in the world around me. But that doesn't change who God is. And that's what I need to put my focus on.....


"Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10 NASB)



No comments:

Post a Comment