Tuesday, April 18, 2017

On The Road Again

A couple of years ago we took a long trip around the country, travelling more than 12,000 miles, going all the way to Southern California and Seattle, then making our way back across the country. And as of yesterday, we're on the road again!

We loaded up the Suburban (a rental), and have begun our road trip, this time around the eastern part of the country. Al will be working, doing training in various cities, and once again I'm along for the ride.



We've packed our clothes and some snacks for the trip. We have the chargers for all our electronic devices. We've tried to anticipate what we will need while we're away and what will need to be taken care of here while we're gone. All that planning and anticipating is much more challenging in my "post-stroke" world, but as much as we are able, we are prepared for this next adventure. 

Of course, it is impossible to fully anticipate everything that we might need. In fact, we already have a list of things we forgot! But that makes me very thankful for our loving Heavenly Father who sees all and knows all, and who will be with us all the way. Even when we are forgetful!

I'm excited about the places we will go and the things we will see as we travel. I'm looking forward to the adventures we will have. I'm praying for safety as we travel, and I'm praying that, wherever we go and whoever we come in contact with, we will shine the light of Jesus.

So, we're on the road again, as the old song goes. Let the adventures begin!


"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer."  (Psalm 19:14 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment