Thursday, September 29, 2016

Catching Up

Eight days with no laptop seemed like much longer! On Tuesday of last week, while I was on my way to the mountains for a couple of days of girlfriend time and retail therapy, my husband took my laptop to the local Geek Squad. As it turned out, the local Geeks couldn't repair the problem, so they sent it away for repairs. My laptop returned home to me yesterday with a brand new charging port, so I am now busily trying to catch up with all the things I wasn't able to do, or to do as easily, with no laptop. Things like this blog, for instance. Typing a blog on a phone screen just doesn't work!

A lot has happened in the world while I was computer-less. Rioting in Charlotte. A shooting at a school here in the Upstate. The first presidential debate. And here at home, my fur baby has been very sick. Frankly, my attention has been focused on her far more than it has been focused on all the other stuff.

Molly hasn't been feeling well for a couple of weeks, but we had just attributed that to getting older. She got worse over the weekend, and much worse on Monday, so we made an appointment with the vet. The diagnosis is hepatitis or cancer. There's no way to know for certain which it is without a biopsy of her liver, which he doesn't want to do. She's being treated for hepatitis, and if she responds well to the treatment, that confirms the hepatitis diagnosis. If not, we'll have to make decisions about how to proceed. She is home from the hospital now, and seems to feel a little better. Hopefully, each day will bring some improvement.

Meanwhile, life goes on. There's all the "regular" stuff of life, like laundry and housecleaning and meal preparation. This is my Sunday to teach, so I'm studying and preparing the lesson for Sunday morning. We're expecting delivery of a new chair today. And I'm getting excited about hosting my Book Launch Party on Saturday and celebrating the publication of my new book. Life is busy, and life is good, even with its challenges.

That's a brief summary of what's been going on while I was laptop-less and unable to blog. It's good to be back!

"This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment