Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Malicious Intent. A Book Review.

 



Malicious Intent by Lynn H. Blackburn may be my new favorite book. Yes, I know I say that about a lot of books. Usually my favorite is the one I’m currently reading. But seriously, this may be my new favorite. Or, at the very least, very high on my list of favorites!

This is the story of Dr. Ivy Collins, CEO of a company about to bring a cutting-edge prosthetic to market. Ivy’s life is going well, except it seems that someone is trying to sabotage her business. Meanwhile, someone in her company has deposited some counterfeit money, which gets the Secret Service, and Agent Gil Dixon, involved. This is the same Gil Dixon who was Ivy’s childhood friend and first love, although they haven’t seen each other for many years. Their back story, which eventually takes center stage, is part of what makes this so interesting.

Malicious Intent is fast-paced and suspense-filled from start to finish. It is a story of greed and revenge that was hard to put down and held my attention from start to finish. The characters are likable, and the dialogue realistic. There’s suspense, mystery, friendship, and romance. This is the second book in the Defend and Protect series, but it easily stands alone.

Lynn Blackburn has done a fantastic job with this one! A great plot. Characters that you really want to get to know better - and some you don’t! Suspense from start to finish. Don’t miss this one!

I received a copy from Net Galley and the publisher. The opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment