Thursday, September 16, 2021

Throwback Thursday

Today is Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, for my Jewish friend. Thinking about that has led me on a “throwback” journey, remembering our pilgrimages to Israel.

This morning I'm particularly remembering previous "last days" in Jerusalem. The last day of our trip typically begins with prayer in the Garden of Gethsemane. We walk through the Kidron Valley and go to the House of Caiphas. We walk the Via Dolorosa and we end the day at the Garden Tomb.

Those are precious memories indeed!  I came across this photo this morning.  Al snapped it near the Garden Tomb on our last trip.


I remember that day well. I was tired. My feet hurt. It was the first day of what would end up as a very serious cold/sinus infection/ear infection. At the time, I was feeling pretty miserable. Even so, I would do it all again! There is something so special and so precious about being there. About walking where Jesus walked. About celebrating the Lord's Supper there in the Garden near the empty tomb.

Those are wonderful memories. The kind of memories that last a lifetime. I'm so glad we had this opportunity, not just once, but several times.

Memories are wonderful things. I'm so thankful that God has given us the gift of remembering. And for photographs that capture the memories!

On this "Throwback Thursday", here are a few of my favorites:


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment