Friday, July 30, 2021

The Mistletoe Countess. A Book Review.


The Mistletoe Countess
 is an absolute gem! Pepper Basham has become one of my favorite authors, and The Mistletoe Countess is one of the reasons why. Pepper Basham is a gifted storyteller.

I loved everything about this book! This is the story of an arranged marriage that leads to an exquisite love story. I loved the characters, especially Grace! I loved her joy, her enthusiasm, her humor, her love of books, and her red hair, which I could picture so vividly. (She reminded me a great deal of Anne in Anne of Green Gables.) She often made me laugh, even in the midst of fighting off a villain.

I loved the setting of the book. It is so vividly described I felt I was actually there. The characters are so well presented, you feel as though you can see them. The dialogue is fresh and realistic. The villains are perfectly villainous, as they should be.

The Mistletoe Countess has all my favorite elements in one book - history, romance, mystery, and humor. And through it all is a beautiful thread of faith and hope and redemption.

This is one I will remember and will be recommending to others. It's one you shouldn't miss!

The Mistletoe Countess will be released September 1, 2021. You'll want to look for it at your local bookstore!

Many thanks to the publisher and Net Galley for an advance copy of this book. The opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment