Monday, November 14, 2016

It's Almost Over!

What a week! And I'm not talking about the Presidential election. I spent my week being sick. Very sick. Sicker than I can remember being in a very long time. But it's almost over. I'm on the mend.

This morning I've been thinking back over the last week, and I realized a few things about myself.

I know I'm really sick when...
  • There's a week's worth of newspapers on the coffee table and I don't even care.
  • I don't even notice how dirty/messy the house is.
  • I don't care how much dirty laundry there is.
  • I sleep about 18 hours a day.
  • I don't drink coffee.
I know that last one is difficult to believe, especially for those who know me well. But it's true. Hubby has always said it's the best way to know I don't feel well. And I haven't had any coffee since the Sunday before Election Day.

I know I'm getting better when...
  • I begin to notice that week's worth of newspapers and wish they would go away.
  • I notice that the perpetual daily calendar in the kitchen window hasn't been changed since before election day.
  • I no longer wheeze when I breathe.
  • My throat no longer feels like it's filled with glass shards and razor blades. (I'm not sure what that would actually feel like, but it's the best way I know to describe the worst "sore" throat I ever had. This wasn't "sore"; it was pain!)

I know I've made progress when...
  • I take that week's worth of newspapers to the recycle bin. (Of course, I had to rest after I did that!)
  • I can take a shower and not need a nap afterward.
  • I'm ready to eat something other than soup or cream of wheat.
  • I really want to get started on all the laundry and housecleaning. (Now, if I only had the energy!)

This has been a rough week. Besides feeling lousy, I haven't been able to talk. At all. Not a sound. Oh, the frustration!

The good news is that the end is in sight. The swelling in my throat is almost gone. I'm breathing better, and I'm sleeping less. The antibiotics are clearing away all the infection. And I'm beginning to feel almost human again. I still can't talk, but I'm sure that will improve soon.

It's almost over. Life will soon be back to normal.

Maybe I'll even have a cup of coffee today!


"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." (1 Thessalonians 5:18 NLT)


No comments:

Post a Comment