Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Another Anniversary

Today is another anniversary, one I don't celebrate but rather one I remember.  This morning marks the 3rd anniversary of the phone call I had dreaded but knew would one day come.  This is the 3rd anniversary of the phone call that let me know my beloved Daddy had gone to be with Jesus.

I miss my Daddy so much!  I know that he is now in a much better place.....in the presence of the Lord he served so faithfully and so well while on this earth.....reunited with loved ones and with his beloved Helen.  But oh, how I miss him!

How I would love to hear him recite just one more poem.  To tell one more joke.  To sing one more song.

How I would love to sit and have just one more conversation.  About politics.  About current events.  About the "good old days".  About theology.  About the Scriptures.  About Jesus. 

I miss my Daddy!  You see, no matter how many years passed, I never outgrew being Daddy's little girl.  How I would love to see the twinkle in his eyes just one more time.  To have just one more hug.  To hear him say "I love you" just one more time.

So, "top 'o the mornin'" to you, Daddy!  I miss you.  I love you.  And I'll see you again someday.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith.  Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day; and not to me only, but also to all who have loved His appearing."  (2 Timothy 4:7-8)

1 comment:

  1. My dad met Jesus face to face this July 10,will be 7 years ago. How I miss my Daddy too! Now both parents are worshiping and discovering the endless glory of God. As Daddy's girls, the memories are great, but the "missing" never goes away.

    ReplyDelete