Monday, March 28, 2011

An Emotional Roller Coaster

I've been on a "blogging break".  It didn't start as a definite decision to take a break.......just several days in a row of nothing to say which led to a couple of weeks of nothing to say and then I just wasn't thinking about it any more.  Until yesterday when someone mentioned it to me.  It was an "I enjoy your sitting room" kind of moment that reminded me I hadn't written anything for a while.

And today I'm not really sure what to write.  Right now I'm experiencing a roller coaster of emotions.  Today's plan was to go to Pigeon Forge for some girlfriend time and retail therapy.  But it's snowing.....not exactly what I expected this morning.  And how long and how much it snows will determine whether I can safely drive through the mountains.  So I'm in a quandry right now......am I going, am I not, should I pack, should I forget the whole thing.......

I'm feeling a sense of relief today that Al and I finally made a decision about an issue that had been weighing heavily on us.  So that's a good thing.  Not sure yet what all the ramifications of that decision will be, how others will react, etc........but we both are at ease with the decision, so there's real peace about that.

And I'm feeling unbelievably sad for the family of one of my dear friends who passed yesterday from this life into the arms of our Savior.  Cindy had waged a valiant battle with cancer over the last six months, and now is free from that pain.  For that I am thankful.  But when I think of her husband, sister, brothers, children, grandchildren, mother, and all the extended family and friends who will miss her so much, I am so sad and my heart is breaking.  On the other hand, I am rejoicing that we will all be reunited in heaven.  And that makes me smile.

I'm really on an emotional roller coaster today.  So, if you think about it, would you pray for me?  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment