Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Offended

Much has been said and written in recent months about being offended.

People are offended by skin color and sexual preference. By flags. By politics. By almost everything.

It seems that everyday, we find something else that offends us. It borders on the ridiculous, really. What ever happened to the days when, if I disagreed with you or you disagreed with me, we just agreed to disagree?  

Those days are long gone, apparently. It seems we prefer to be offended.

But what about this kind of "offended":

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends You, and lead me along the path of everlasting life."  (Psalm 139:23-24 NLT, emphasis mine)

Something to think about.


"Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone - except God."  - Billy Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment