Monday, May 2, 2022

So Many Reasons

 



"In everything give thanks."  (1 Thessalonians 5:18 NASB)

In everything. In all things. However, you want to phrase it...

No exceptions. There are none of those phrases we want to add to the end of the verse.

It doesn't say in everything except.......

Except cancer.

Except when I lose my job.

Except when I run out of money.

Except politicians. 

Except when my friend or my spouse or my son or my daughter or my best friend hurts my feelings.

Except any of the other things you might be able to think of. There are no clarifying phrases at the end of that sentence.

In everything. 

Everything means everything.

It's pretty clear.

This verse was a part of our Sunday School lesson yesterday, and this morning I’ve been thinking about all the reasons I have for giving thanks. So many reasons.

I’m thankful today for my family and for my extended family and my church family. I had a wonderful childhood, with loving parents, a younger brother I adored, a grandmother who lived next door, and an aunt, uncle, and cousin just a couple of blocks away. I had the blessing of a wonderful church family and have wonderful memories of those years. I’m so thankful!

As I look out the window today, I’m so thankful for spring. It’s finally really here! And it is gloriously beautiful! I’m so thankful!


This is National Stroke Awareness Month. Thinking about strokes, and what God has brought me through, and what my life could have been like - but for the grace of God - has me overwhelmed this morning with thankfulness.

Family. Friends. Church family. Good neighbors. A beautiful day. Good health. A stack of good books to read. The ability to get out and walk. Good coffee. The list goes on and on and on. 

I’m giving thanks today. With a very grateful heart. For so many reasons.


"In everything give thanks, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."                           (1 Thessalonians 5:18 NASB) 

No comments:

Post a Comment