Tuesday, January 17, 2017

So Many Reasons. Thankful Tuesday.

This is another gray, gloomy day here in South Carolina. But I have hardly noticed, because in this household, the sun is shining brightly. I have so many reasons to be thankful this morning that I am overflowing!

In the weeks since my stroke I have received so many letters and cards, notes and gifts. An abundance of gifts from friends and family, and from people I don't even know. Al always read the letters to me, but in the beginning I didn't always comprehend what was said. In recent weeks, I'm being so blessed as I read your comments on Facebook and the other notes I receive. You cannot begin to understand how much this encourages me, so today I am thanking the Lord for all of you. You have blessed my life in ways you cannot begin to imagine, and I thank you so much!

These weeks have also taught me a lot about prayer. I am overwhelmed by the number of people who have prayed, and who are continuing to pray, for my recovery. Certainly I believed in prayer before all this happened. Prayer was an integral part of my life before all this happened. But I am amazed and humbled as I have learned of the army of prayer warriors who have been interceding on my behalf. I have felt the power of these prayers. And I am telling everybody who will listen that God has answered these prayers! Yes, God has used doctors and therapists. Yes, I have worked hard. But this is all God's doing! He gets all the glory, and I am amazed at His goodness to me.

This morning was a very special morning. Following my therapists instructions, I look for short paragraphs to practice reading aloud. This morning as I was scrolling through Facebook, the daily devotion from Dr. Charles Stanley grabbed my attention with this phrase: "God will allow testing so we can discern our spiritual grown."

That got my attention, so I decided to see how much I would be able to read. And, with only a few stumbles, I read the whole thing! To God be the glory! One week ago there was no way I could have read that. But today I did. Every word!

This is indeed a Thankful Tuesday! I am thankful for all of you have blessed me so graciously with gifts and cards and messages of all types. I am thankful for how far I have progressed in my recovery. I am thankful to be able to type this post. I am thankful that my reading is improving. I am thankful for the way this morning's post blessed my heart.

I am especially thankful for the gift of prayer. I am thankful for all of you who have prayed for me and continue to pray. I am humbled beyond words at how God has blessed me because you have prayed.

Above all, I am thankful for my Savior, the one who knows me best and loves me most, not because I deserve it or because of anything I have done, but because of who He is.

To God be the glory. Great things He has done.









No comments:

Post a Comment