Friday, December 14, 2012

Open My Eyes

This morning, on the one-year anniversary of my right-eye cataract surgery, I had an appointment with Dr. Kath for some laser-zapping of that eye to clear up a little fogginess.  The left eye was zapped a few weeks ago and is happily back to 20-20.

My day got off to a rough start when, as I was driving into town, I was nearly hit head-on by a driver who seemed in much too big a hurry and who apparently had some vision problems of his/her own......since he/she seemed unable to see the double yellow lines (aka do not pass!) as he/she was zooming around the car in front of it - on a curve, I might add - with no apparent awareness that another car (mine!) was coming right toward it!!

Catastrophe was averted by mere inches.  So, as you can imagine, when they checked my blood pressure at the doctor's office, it was a bit elevated!

Once I could breathe normally again, I was thanking God for His protection and for good brakes!! 

After that, as I was thinking about getting my vision cleared up, my thoughts began to wander.  As I was on my way to get my physical vision cleared up, my mind went to songs about spiritual vision.

Songs like "Open our eyes, Lord, we want to see Jesus."

And "Open my eyes that I may see glimpses of truth Thou hast for me."

And  "Open the eyes of my heart, Lord.  I want to see You."

My procedure went well this morning and I'm back at home.  I encountered no more crazed drivers on my way home.  My eyes are still dilated and my vision a bit blurry, but I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I'll be seeing clearly again.  And I'm still singing those same songs!

"Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things from your law."  (Psalm 119:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment